Security

Has SPL-37637 been resolved?

mundus
Path Finder

I would like to require that our forwarders use SSL. I've seen references to a bug in 4.2.4 that will break when that setting in exists in inputs.conf. Has in been resolved in 4.2.5? I've searched the site for release notes that detail the bugs fixed in the release, but couldn't find anything.

Thx.

Craig

Tags (1)

gkanapathy
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

This bug does not prevent the use of SSL. Detailed steps to do so are here, though the standard docs are also correct. This bug prevents validation of certificates on the client, i.e., forwarder by the indexer. This is not common.

However, the bug is not fixed in 4.2.5, but should be fixed in 4.3, which is due out imminently.

echalex
Builder

Support has told me that the bug indeed has been fixed in 4.3

0 Karma

mundus
Path Finder

We've got some pretty stringent security requirements and don't want a malicious client to interject bad data into the system.

Thx.

C

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Detecting Remote Code Executions With the Splunk Threat Research Team

REGISTER NOWRemote code execution (RCE) vulnerabilities pose a significant risk to organizations. If ...

Observability | Use Synthetic Monitoring for Website Metadata Verification

If you are on Splunk Observability Cloud, you may already have Synthetic Monitoringin your observability ...

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...