Reporting

Splunk Host Reporting

scout29
Explorer

I am trying to determine a hosts percent of time it logs to splunk within a summary index we created. We have an index called "summary_index" and a field called "host_reported" that shows if a host has been seen in the past hour. 

Here is the search i am using to see all hosts in the summary index that were seen within the last 24hrs:

index=summary_index  |  stats count by host_reported

What i am trying to do is develop a search that shows me what percent of the time over the past 7 days each host has reported to this summary index. So for example if host A only reported to the summary index 6 of the 7 days, i want it to show it's "up time "was 86% for the past 7 days. 

Tags (3)
0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Assuming that your summary index has a single event for each host for each day that it has reported, then you should be able to divide your count (from the stats command you shared) by 7 and multiply by 100 to get the percentage "uptime"

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer Certification at ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...