Reporting

Savedsearch shows up in Job Management as search string rather than what the search is saved as.

essklau
Path Finder

Hi,

I have a search

index=net earliest=-1d@d latest=@d sourcetype=cisco_asa "*TEARDOWN*"  transport!=ICMP src_ip=10.0.0.0/8 AND dest_ip!=10.0.0.0/8|localop|lookup dnsLookup ip as dest_ip OUTPUTNEW host as hostname |eval Endpoints=src_ip.":".src_port." to ".dest_ip.":".dest_port." (".hostname.")" | eval MB=(bytes_in/1024/1024) | stats max(MB) as "Connection Size(MB)" by Endpoints|rename "Endpoints" as "Source IP:Port to Dest IP:Port" |sort - "Connection Size(MB)" limit=25

which is scheduled to run once/day. When it does run, it shows up in the Jobs panel as the search string, rather than the name it is saved as. I feel like this might be a clue in a larger troubleshoot i'm trying to do. Has anyone seen this before?

Bigger picture: the search results don't load my dashboard, unlike all other dashboards including one extremely similar search.

Thanks

Tags (2)
0 Karma

jimodonald
Contributor

I've seen similar behavior on 6.1.1 when I moved a dashboard using saved searches to a different search head. To fix it, i converted the dashboard to Advanced XML and it worked. Unfortunately I can't say why it works that way and I have not ranked it important enough to open a ticket with Splunk.

Try making an Advanced XML version of your dashboard and see if that works. I'll be interested to hear if your results match mine.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...