Monitoring Splunk

UF queues when Indexer down.

hectorvp
Communicator

Incase indexer is down or has slow speed for writing events in a disk,

I guess in these cases UFs parsing queue and output queue would be full enough and considering

dropEventsOnQueueFull = -1

Suppose indexer was up again upon next day,

From where would UF start events, from where he had left off reading files or would drop events???

Can I consider that in metrics.log  if group=queue  and blocked=true, the IF is blocked and may drop events

Or will it send all logs when queue has space or indexer is up and running, where he had left off.

I don't have option of persistent queue bcoz I may monitor some logs files using monitor stanza

0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

UF starts reading where it has left before output queue is full. It's own situation has stored on fishbucket index. But if you don't use persistent queues and UF will go down before it can send events to IDX then you will lost those events which are in output queue as those are just memory queues with normal configuration.

r. Ismo

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Get the T-shirt to Prove You Survived Splunk University Bootcamp

As if Splunk University, in Las Vegas, in-person, with three days of bootcamps and labs weren’t enough, now ...

Wondering How to Build Resiliency in the Cloud?

IT leaders are choosing Splunk Cloud as an ideal cloud transformation platform to drive business resilience,  ...