Knowledge Management

Where can I find more info on app licensing?

staticlord1

I'm developing a Splunk app that I would like to give timed trials for and I would like to create licenses for it. I've read the "add licensing requirements to a Splunk app" page several times to make sure I didn't miss anything, but it mentions being able to use the Splunk app licensing API to create licenses from templates without giving any kind of examples/references.

Is there somewhere I can find more information on the app licensing service?

0 Karma

kmorris_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee
0 Karma

altink
Builder

Hi @kmorris_splunk 

I have the same issue.

The link provided leads to an empty page:
"Hi! This page does not exist, or has been removed from the documentation. ....."

best regards
Altin

0 Karma

staticlord1

Yes I've seen that. But that makes no reference to the Splunk app licensing API. I need to create a license and then have it validate with the API once installed on the user's instance. Similar to how the exchange app has its own separate license in Splunk settings

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...