Knowledge Management

Summary indexing

vinillukes
Explorer

Search peer indexer has the following message: Received event for unconfigured/disabled/deleted index=voiceapp_summary with source="source::voice_app_summary_loader" host="host::onh-search head" sourcetype="sourcetype::stash". So far received events from 1 missing index(es). I got this error after I scheduled report and enabled summary indexing. I sthere something missing here?

Tags (1)
0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Your index "voiceapp_summary" doesn't exist on your indexers. Just create the index and you should be good to go. The summary index should exist on Indexers (where data is stored). If you're configuring summary index from Search Head UI, then you need that index to be created in search head as well, so that it'll show up in summary index dropdown. (data will still be stored on indexers).

pradeepkumarg
Influencer

The message says that the index voiceapp_summary is not created on the Splunk instance where the data is being received.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Stay Connected: Your Guide to May Tech Talks, Office Hours, and Webinars!

Take a look below to explore our upcoming Community Office Hours, Tech Talks, and Webinars this month. This ...

They're back! Join the SplunkTrust and MVP at .conf24

With our highly anticipated annual conference, .conf, comes the fez-wearers you can trust! The SplunkTrust, as ...

Enterprise Security Content Update (ESCU) | New Releases

Last month, the Splunk Threat Research Team had two releases of new security content via the Enterprise ...