Knowledge Management

I lost 'tags' after renaming an application

donelliot
Path Finder

I was trying to implement a process where historical events would be tagged with the relevant service desk ticket, and all was looking great until I decided to rename the application!.

I guess I hoped that the data would persist - even if it errored. but it seems like this tagged data does not appear anymore.

This is not the end of the world just now, but if I had happened to do this 6 months from now this would not be amusing.

Any suggestions? Where is this tag data stored? Is this likely to be recoverable at all?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Karma

donelliot
Path Finder

Ok my bad - I hadn't realized the tags are stored in tags.conf in the user directory under etc\local%username%\oldapplicationdir and they were still there...

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Troubleshooting the OpenTelemetry Collector

In this tech talk, you’ll learn how to troubleshoot the OpenTelemetry collector - from checking the ...

Adoption of Infrastructure Monitoring at Splunk

Splunk's Growth Engineering team showcases one of their first Splunk product adoption-Splunk Infrastructure ...

Modern way of developing distributed application using OTel

Recently, I had the opportunity to work on a complex microservice using Spring boot and Quarkus to develop a ...