Installation

Where is the "TA genesys cloud" ?

nettrigger
Explorer

Hello, good day team! How are you?

I did the download and instalation for this app but I can't found the "TA genesys cloud", where can I download it? The TA lives in another repository? Please, could you help me to get this TA please?

If currently the TA doesn't lives in the Splunkbase, could you send me the TA via email please?

Regards in advance!

Carlos Martínez.
carloshugo.martinez@edenred.com
Edenred.

Labels (2)
0 Karma

marnall
Builder

For some reason it is not on Splunkbase. I could only find the .SPL files in a git repository at https://github.com/SplunkBAUG/CCA for TA_genesys_cloud-1.0.*.spl

EDIT: As PickleRick suggested, when you get third-party hosted applications like the one linked, you have no protections as would be offered by appinspect. It is highly recommended to check the contents for malicious code before installing it on your machine.

0 Karma

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I would be very cautious about such third-party hosted extensions.

Even in case of Splunkbase-originating add-ons not written and supported by Splunk I tend to dig into an app and peek around the code before installing (and boy, there are some "interesting" ones; luckily I haven't found anything malicious yet but some badly written python code - why not). And this one is not even hosted on Splunkbase which means it didn't even pass appinspect.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...