Installation

SplunkEnterprise

gjhaaland
Explorer

Hi,

After some days the Splunk server stop receiving input.  The forwarders are not changed, but I did some changes on splunk server (can't remember what I did).  Also know that the firewall does not cause of the problem. On server Splunk server we have also configured Splunk Uniiversal forwarder. So same server include both Splunk Enterprise + Splunk Universal forwarder. 

Not sure, but I think it's some trouble with indexer since they cannot receive inputs. Have also  verified that environment variables is ok.  Also changed file permission on all filres/directories below Splunk_HOME.   So it should be fine

On Splunk Universal clients (on clients),  splunkd.log says that TcpOutProc is connected to Splunk Server. It also says that the Splunk server LISTEN to *:9997. 

> ss -tnlup

tcp LISTEN 0 128 *:9997  *:* users(("splunkd",pid=170257,fd=41))

Assume telemytry data is sent to Splunkserver, but they are not indexed. One more information: 

On Splunk server: Settings - Data - Indexes  I can see that 

_audit SplunkLighForwarder $SPLUNK_DB/audit/db status says  disabled

_internal SplunkLighForwarder $SPLUNK_DB/_internal/db status says  disabled

_introspection SplunkLighForwarder $SPLUNK_DB/_introspection/db status says  disabled

_telemetry  SplunkLighForwarder SPLUNK_DB/_telemetry/db status says  disabled

history SplunkLighForwarder SPLUNK_DB/history/db status says  disabled

main  SplunkLighForwarder PLUNK_DB/history /default/db status says  disabled

Assume it has something to do with wrong settings on Splunk server.  Hope soemone out there can give me some usefull tips/hints. So we can use splunk again as normal. 

Rgds

Geir J. H

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Enter the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge for Your Chance to Win!

The Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge is underway! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

.conf24 | Session Scheduler is Live!!

.conf24 is happening June 11 - 14 in Las Vegas, and we are thrilled to announce that the conference catalog ...

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...