Installation

Fresh install of Splunk 7.2.6 "setup wizard ended prematurely" - Windows 10 Pro license

elsaddiq
Engager

The installation stops immediately even when attempted from the cli. This seems to be the most asked question here with no clear solution. Any insights? Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

niketn
Legend

@elsaddiq if the same issue happens with previous Splunk 7.x versions as well, it is more so an issue with your access rather than Splunk installer. Please refer to one of my older post and check to confirm

https://answers.splunk.com/answers/676352/why-am-i-getting-splunk-installation-failure-in-wi.html

elsaddiq
Engager

Thanks for the reply. I did go back and read your post. Admin rights are the one constant that I did come across in all the posts. I am the sole administrator on this computer, but, I always assume that I did something wrong whenever there's an error. So, I tried running from the command line as administrator, as well, and it still gives the same error immediately.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Detecting Remote Code Executions With the Splunk Threat Research Team

WATCH NOWRemote code execution (RCE) vulnerabilities pose a significant risk to organizations. If exploited, ...

Enter the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge for Your Chance to Win!

The Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge is underway! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

.conf24 | Session Scheduler is Live!!

.conf24 is happening June 11 - 14 in Las Vegas, and we are thrilled to announce that the conference catalog ...