Installation

Error Messages Uprading Splunk

uagraw01
Builder

Hello Team,

By refering below attach screenshot. I updated Splunk from 8.1.1 to 9.1.0.2 . Below are the failed messages I can ( attached screenshot). Please let me know how I can overcome or fix this errors. ?

Labels (1)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Click on the > symbol on each line to see more information about the failure.  Then there will be a button you can click to get specific information on how to remediate the problem.  Often, that involves installing a newer version of an app.  Other times, you simply need to add 'version="1.1"' to the first line of each dashboard source.  Some fixes require python code changes and Splunk will offer suggestions for them.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

uagraw01
Builder

@richgalloway I have added version 1.1 to all the XML dashboards and unrestricted all the older versions of jquery. But my question is, is there any impact if we do not fix all the suggested issues for Python scripts? Is it mandatory to fix it? Does it impact on Splunk ?

Tags (1)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

At some unknown point in the future, Splunk will stop supporting non-compliant Python code.  When that happens, your scripts will fail.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...