Installation

Can not run the iniotial spencore.sh - same issue as case 659348

aab1
Engager

Hi - I get the same problem running splencore.sh - after exporting path, setting permit on cert

Server is CENTOS 8 STREAM 

Can this be related to error in CERT - or missing firewall opening from my Splunk HF? 

[root@hostname bin]# ./splencore.sh test
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "./estreamer/preflight.py", line 33, in <module>
import estreamer.crossprocesslogging
File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/TA-eStreamer/bin/encore/estreamer/__init__.py", line 31, in <module>
from estreamer.diagnostics import Diagnostics
File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/TA-eStreamer/bin/encore/estreamer/diagnostics.py", line 43, in <module>
import estreamer.pipeline
File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/TA-eStreamer/bin/encore/estreamer/pipeline.py", line 29, in <module>
from estreamer.metadata import View
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'estreamer.metadata'

Labels (2)
0 Karma

aab1
Engager

Hi - and thanks a lot - I will try focusing on that part and investigate further

0 Karma

scelikok
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @aab1,

The error message shows there is an installation error, python is complaining about a missing module. Please check your installation document.  At this stage, it does not seem related to a certificate or firewall issue.

If this reply helps you an upvote and "Accept as Solution" is appreciated.
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Get the T-shirt to Prove You Survived Splunk University Bootcamp

As if Splunk University, in Las Vegas, in-person, with three days of bootcamps and labs weren’t enough, now ...

Wondering How to Build Resiliency in the Cloud?

IT leaders are choosing Splunk Cloud as an ideal cloud transformation platform to drive business resilience,  ...