Getting Data In

timestamp extraction from two places during index time within an event

ankithreddy777
Contributor

I have an event like

"abcabcabc....abc.........time:-2017-05-05T0*8:08:08.987........abcxyz...abcxyz.....date:-2017-05-03*......"

I need to assign timestamp to each event at index time only , where date should be extracted from date field above and time value should be extracted from timestamp field.

Is there any possibility.
If I need to use datatime_renamed.xml . May I know what changes to be made in file?

Tags (1)
0 Karma

niketn
Legend

@ankithreddy777, if time:-2017-05-05T* prefixes the time which you want Splunk to pick and also the date that you want to avoid you can use TIME_PREFIX regex to skip this.

Try the following props.conf settings (where 57 is number for characters to look ahead in order to find date. Based on sample data it is ........abcxyz...abcxyz.....date:-. You can change 57 to a different number based on actual estimated number of characters.

TIME_PREFIX=time:-\d{4}-\d{2}-\d{2}T\d*
MAX_TIMESTAMP_LOOKAHEAD=57

SuryaNittala

Can you paste the sample event. You can achieve this by configuring TIME_PREFIX and MAX_TIMESTAMP_LOOKAHEAD in props.conf

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...