Getting Data In

sharing of calculated fields

dersa
Path Finder

Hello,

I have deployed an app to a distributed Search Head Cluster. This app contains only a props.conf file in the default directory. In the props.conf there is a calculated field writing a vendor-product to a specific source type.

In the search app this field is not populated. I believe because the sharing permission is set to app, rather than to global.

how can I change the permission from app to global?

Initially I created this app on the Search Head deployer in the directory shcluster/apps by adding a directory TEST, there i created a directory default and there i created a file props.conf.
Then I deployed it to the search heads.

I see the app on all the search heads, it's just the wrong sharing permission.

thanks

Alex

Labels (1)
0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

you must add also default.meta into metadata directory to share those props.conf to public.

r. Ismo

0 Karma

dersa
Path Finder

Hi,

you mean i need to create also a directory called metadata and add a file called default with a content similar to this?

cat default.meta
[]
access = read : [ * ], write : [ admin, sc_admin ]
export = system

Best regards

Alex

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Exactly that way.

There is also some other requirements that your app is correctly validated. In On Premise those are not mandatory, but if you want to deploy that also to cloud then those requirements are mandatory. You should check those from development guide and use appinspector to validate those.

https://dev.splunk.com/enterprise/docs/developapps/testvalidate/appinspect/

dersa
Path Finder

awesome.

Thanks a lot!

Happy Weekend.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...