Getting Data In

setting up daily formatted report

aniketb
Path Finder

Hi,

I have a saved search to find out the occurrence of a keyword "Response" in a log.
I am able to create a formatted report of the same.

I would like to receive this report as an email, daily/weekly in my mailbox.
I could find option to create either a one time report or a daily alert. If I set an alert, it sends me a .csv log file. I'm actually more interested in receiving it in a report format.

Please advise me how to proceed with this.

PS: I don't have the PDF Report Server app installed.

0 Karma
1 Solution

lguinn2
Legend

You could save your search on a dashboard, and then schedule the delivery of the dashboard. I personally like this look better, but you can also save your search and have it run on a schedule.

Here is the documentation.

In Splunk 4.3, you can create a scheduled search by selecting Create->Scheduled Search and following the wizard. You can also create an alert with a criteria of "Always" alert.

Here is the documentation for alerts.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

lguinn2
Legend

You could save your search on a dashboard, and then schedule the delivery of the dashboard. I personally like this look better, but you can also save your search and have it run on a schedule.

Here is the documentation.

In Splunk 4.3, you can create a scheduled search by selecting Create->Scheduled Search and following the wizard. You can also create an alert with a criteria of "Always" alert.

Here is the documentation for alerts.

0 Karma

aniketb
Path Finder

I don't have the PDF Report Server app installed.
Any other way?

0 Karma

aniketb
Path Finder

It is 4.3.3

0 Karma

lguinn2
Legend

What is your version of Splunk?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...