Getting Data In

parse a text directory listing

tom2000i

How can I extract directory name,file name,file size, and modify time from a recursive directory list saved as a txt file. The challenge is to keep the direcory asociation with the files.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

tom2000i

The directory listing is pretty much identical to what you get with a "dir /s" command from a DOS shell but without the file count and Dir count summary at the end of each dir list.

0 Karma

sambosplunk
Engager

If on Windows:

dir /s /ON /B > dir.txt

This will include the file and path info on the same row.

0 Karma

tom2000i

OK but this does not show file size and modification date

0 Karma

Paolo_Prigione
Builder

It would be a real mess... Would it be possible for you to retrieve an "easier" recursive listing such as what provided from:

find folder_name -exec ls -l \{\}\;

This way file and path info would be stored on the same row.

0 Karma

Ayn
Legend

Well it would certainly help if you told us more about what the directory listing looks like and how you would like to separate it.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...