Getting Data In

automatic update row in a index file

tissparkle
Explorer

Hi, I put a file in a specific directory to be indexed.
This file is update in a automatic way in a directory.

My issue is:
The index file makes a sum of the old file and the new file events and this is not correct for my use. for example: 1° file is 200 events - after that the second time file is 200+10 new events.
I would like to have a result of the index like 210 events not 410 events. I would like to understand if there is a different way to delete the old index and make everything automatic. thanks a lots

0 Karma

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Splunk always appends new data to the existing old data. Your case sounds like a lookup rather than indexed data, take a look at http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/Knowledge/Aboutlookupsandfieldactions for more info.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Combine Multiline Logs into a Single Event with SOCK - a Guide for Advanced Users

This article is the continuation of the “Combine multiline logs into a single event with SOCK - a step-by-step ...

Everything Community at .conf24!

You may have seen mention of the .conf Community Zone 'round these parts and found yourself wondering what ...

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...