Getting Data In

XML tags extraction at index time

fsaporito
Explorer

Hello,

I am trying to create some fields at index time from an XML log.

I prepared the sourcetype definition in the props.conf with the related TRANSFORM, and in the the transforms.conf I have the following:

[xmlkv_extract]
REGEX=\<(.*?)\>(.*?)\<
FORMAT = $1::$2
WRITE_META = true

[xmlkv_extract_new]
REGEX = <email>(.*?)<\/email><ccard>(.*?)<\/ccard><company>(.*?)<\/company><city>(.*?)<\/city>
FORMAT = email::"$1" credit_card::"$2" company::"$3" city::"$4"
WRITE_META = True

and this my sample event:

<email>orci.Phasellus.dapibus@egestasSed.ca</email><ccard>4539599637112700</ccard><city>Hamilton</city><company>Eros Proin LLC</company></fst>

Now, the problem is, if I use the first transform, only the email field is extracted (by the way I tried the regex in regex101 site and it worked with all the fields). If I use the second transform, everything is ok.

Is there some limitation in the index-time field extraction about the "generic" xml tags extraction?

thanks

Fausto

Labels (4)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Modern way of developing distributed application using OTel

Recently, I had the opportunity to work on a complex microservice using Spring boot and Quarkus to develop a ...

Enterprise Security Content Update (ESCU) | New Releases

Last month, the Splunk Threat Research Team had 3 releases of new security content via the Enterprise Security ...

Archived Metrics Now Available for APAC and EMEA realms

We’re excited to announce the launch of Archived Metrics in Splunk Infrastructure Monitoring for our customers ...