Getting Data In

Why upgrade from Splunk 6.1.1 to 6.2 on Windows took almost 1 hour and getting an error trying to open the UI?

manmah4u
Explorer

I have splunk server 6.1.1 installed on Drive D and i upgraded it to 6.2 on windows2008R2. During istallation it did not ask me the path of installation and installed it on drive D as my previous installation was on same drive

Issue1:- It took almost 60 minutes to get the installation completed, however the installation was successful. why so much time?

Issue2: This is the main concern. when I try to open the UI it gives me error.
This page can't be displayed

•Make sure the web address http://localhost:8000 is correct.

Splunk logs below

raceback (most recent call last):
File "D:\Program Files\Splunk\Python-2.7\Lib\site-packages\splunk\appserver\mrsparkle\root.py", line 752, in
run(blocking=True)
File "D:\Program Files\Splunk\Python-2.7\Lib\site-packages\splunk\appserver\mrsparkle\root.py", line 537, in run
cfg['global']['etc_path'] = make_absolute(SPLUNK_ETC_PATH)
File "D:\Program Files\Splunk\Python-2.7\Lib\site-packages\splunk\appserver\mrsparkle\lib\util.py", line 237, in make_absolute
fullpath = make_splunkhome_path_helper(fragment)
File "D:\Program Files\Splunk\Python-2.7\Lib\site-packages\splunk\appserver\mrsparkle\lib\util.py", line 448, in make_splunkhome_path_helper
if os.path.relpath(relpath, candidate)[0:2] != '..':
File "D:\Program Files\Splunk\Python-2.7\Lib\ntpath.py", line 528, in relpath
% (path_prefix, start_prefix))
ValueError: path is on drive D:, start on drive C:

Could some one please let me the solution to fix it.

hsrawat
Explorer

It seems Python 2.7.8 broke splunk. You can use lib/python2.7/ntpath.py (python 2.7.5) that comes with splunk 6.1.X as a workaround.

0 Karma

Raghav2384
Motivator

See Martin's post http://answers.splunk.com/answers/177866/why-am-i-getting-splunk-enterprise-setup-wizard-en.html. I guess 'wait' is the answer for a patch according to that post.

0 Karma

lauMarot
Path Finder

same problem here trying to install 6.2 over 6.1alt text

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Database Performance Sidebar Panel Now on APM Database Query Performance & Service ...

We’ve streamlined the troubleshooting experience for database-related service issues by adding a database ...

IM Landing Page Filter - Now Available

We’ve added the capability for you to filter across the summary details on the main Infrastructure Monitoring ...

Dynamic Links from Alerts to IM Navigators - New in Observability Cloud

Splunk continues to improve the troubleshooting experience in Observability Cloud with this latest enhancement ...