Getting Data In

Why this error, Unable to install Universal Forwarder on Windows Server 2022 (error 1603)?

kyuubyhades
Loves-to-Learn

Hi everybody,

I've been struggling for hours to install splunks universal forwarder on windows server 2022.

Here's the msiexec logs : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NtNN9mT97-gbwprIc4cCAec5mi7Jhl6H/view?usp=sharing 

Help 😛

Labels (1)
0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @kyuubyhades,

I suppose that you're trying to install a forwarder with version greater than 8.2.5, that's the first version certified for Windows Server 2022.

It's a strange error because the installation pachege doesn't find some files.

See in $TEMP$\splunk.log and in $SPLUNK_HOME\var\log\splunk\first_install.log if there some additional information

I hint at first to try on another server Windows 2022 to understand if it's alocal issue or general, then anyway to open a case to Splunk Support.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

kyuubyhades
Loves-to-Learn

Thanks for the tip @gcusello ,

I am indeed installing it with the latest version available.

I finally managed to install it yesterday once i removed all existing files created by the other install attempts.

I still don't understand why i couldn't install it the first x times i tried.

Best regards 🙂

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @kyuubyhades,

good for you, if one answer solves your need, please accept one answer for the other people of Community or tell me how I can help you.

Ciao and happy splunking

Giuseppe

P.S.: Karma Points are appreciated 😉

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...