Getting Data In

Why does Splunk automatically resets/removes selected filters?

mpasplunk

Hi all,

I am having a minor problem which can be a bit annoying if it happens often. We run a few dashboards combined with a tab revolver to monitor all servers and services. The custom filters for one of these dashboards are all the different virtual machines, which should all be checked/selected by default. However, sometimes after refreshing that page, all filters are reset/removed and only the uppermost box/filter is checked/selected (the first virtual machine). I hope anyone is familiar with this problem or has a solution to this. I can't find it anywhere. Thank you very much in advance.

Greetings,

Mark

0 Karma

skalliger
Motivator

Did you try setting a

<default></default>

tag in your input fields? I think you can also enter a default-value in UI editing mode, so you don't necessarily have to go into the source.

Skalli

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Combine Multiline Logs into a Single Event with SOCK - a Guide for Advanced Users

This article is the continuation of the “Combine multiline logs into a single event with SOCK - a step-by-step ...

Everything Community at .conf24!

You may have seen mention of the .conf Community Zone 'round these parts and found yourself wondering what ...

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...