Getting Data In

Where did I go wrong with my inputlookup search?

mafruma
Explorer

Hello all.

I have not been able to populate a table via a search that uses inputlookup. My table is only populating with the data from the events. Where did I go wrong?

My search:

sourcetype=integration.wmb.event SAPTransactionID 
| append  [ |inputlookup idocsDec.csv | fields + CREDAT,CRETIM,hour,minute,STATUS,TID | rename TID as SAPTransactionID]
| transaction SAPTransactionID
| table SAPTransactionID CREDAT CRETIM hour minute STATUS

The only data that gets populated in the table is the SAPTransactionID. All of the other fields that I want to pull data from the csv are empty.

0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

The transaction command requires field _time to be present (to calculate duration) which seems to be missing from your Inputlookup data. If available, create a field _time in the subsearch with inputlookup and try again.

If you're only looking to group events based on SAPTransactionId, consider using stats command which is more efficient.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer at Splunk .conf24 ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...