Getting Data In

What is the best way to send Mulesoft logs to Splunk?

SplunkExplorer
Contributor

Hi Splunkers,

I'm searching about the best way to send Mulesoft logs and events.
Here on community I found What is the best way to integrate Mulesoft with Splunk cloud? that states, in a nutshell, to follow this approach. 

It is clear enough how to implement it; my doubt is not related so to the procedure, but to another point.
The above link show, let's say, a direct forwarding from Mulesoft to Splunk Indexer/environment. 
What about if I plan to put a HF between Mulesoft and the indexers? 
I mean: I have to follow the same procedure, simply creating the token on my HF and then, once data arrived from Mulesoft, forward them to Indexer by the usual way? Or there are some change I have to perform?

Note: I supposed, as intermediate host, a HF for the token required generation. I supposed I cannot generate one on a UF. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If you insist on using an intermediate heavy forwarder (they should be avoided when possible) then the procedure is the same except the token is created on the HF rather than on the indexers.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If you insist on using an intermediate heavy forwarder (they should be avoided when possible) then the procedure is the same except the token is created on the HF rather than on the indexers.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Detecting Remote Code Executions With the Splunk Threat Research Team

WATCH NOWRemote code execution (RCE) vulnerabilities pose a significant risk to organizations. If exploited, ...

Enter the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge for Your Chance to Win!

The Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge is underway! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

.conf24 | Session Scheduler is Live!!

.conf24 is happening June 11 - 14 in Las Vegas, and we are thrilled to announce that the conference catalog ...