Getting Data In

Unable to initialize modular input

apetwal
Engager

Hi,

I designed a modular input using the splunk plugin for eclipse.
After building the file with Ant, I installed the .spl file on splunk instance running on windows and the modular input was performing as expected.
When I tried to install the same file .spl file on the splunk instance running on linux the installed modular input (add on) is not visible in the data inputs section.
I checked weather the add on is installed correctly and the folder structure in etc/apps/{app-name} looked fine.
But in the splunkd.log I can see the error message
"ERROR ModularInputs - Unable to initialize modular input "splunk_jms_addon" defined in the app "splunk_jms_addon": Introspecting scheme=splunk_jms_addon: script running failed (exited with code 1).."

Can someone please help me resolving this issue.

Regards
Aviral

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Combine Multiline Logs into a Single Event with SOCK - a Guide for Advanced Users

This article is the continuation of the “Combine multiline logs into a single event with SOCK - a step-by-step ...

Everything Community at .conf24!

You may have seen mention of the .conf Community Zone 'round these parts and found yourself wondering what ...

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...