Getting Data In

Regex field extracting more than one field with same name and different value

erikwie
Path Finder

I got to extract some fields of a JSON log. 
Log buildup eksample:
{"name":"cookie","Value":"Foo"}
{"name":"cookie","Value":"Bar"}
{"name":"cookie","Value":"Foobar"}

The problem is that I got several loglines that all is called "cookie" but have different values, and I need to extract a mulitvalue field "cookie" with all the different values as a multivalue field.
But not every logentry is like this, some is just one "cookie" entry.

This is the regex string I'v used, but then the value of the "cookie" field only contains the first cookie record from the log. 
| rex field=_raw "\Sname\S{3}cookie\S{3}\w{5}\S{3}(?<h2_cookie>[\w\=\-\+\.\&\;\s]*)"

Labels (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
| rex field=_raw max_match=0 "\Sname\S{3}cookie\S{3}\w{5}\S{3}(?<h2_cookie>[\w\=\-\+\.\&\;\s]*)"

View solution in original post

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
| rex field=_raw max_match=0 "\Sname\S{3}cookie\S{3}\w{5}\S{3}(?<h2_cookie>[\w\=\-\+\.\&\;\s]*)"
0 Karma

erikwie
Path Finder

Thank you,
max_match did it.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Enter the Dashboard Challenge and Watch the .conf24 Global Broadcast!

The Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge is still happening, and it's not too late to enter for the week of ...

Join Us at the Builder Bar at .conf24 – Empowering Innovation and Collaboration

What is the Builder Bar? The Builder Bar is more than just a place; it's a hub of creativity, collaboration, ...

Combine Multiline Logs into a Single Event with SOCK - a Guide for Advanced Users

This article is the continuation of the “Combine multiline logs into a single event with SOCK - a step-by-step ...