Getting Data In

Monitor local CPU performance

NickNguyen
Engager

Hi everyone, i have an Enterprise instance installed on a Windows machine. I am trying to monitor the CPU performance of the machine on which the instance is on so that i can generate an alert whenever the CPU exceeds 90% performance. Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!

Labels (2)
0 Karma

kiran_panchavat
Communicator

@NickNguyen Refer the below document. 

Resource Usage: CPU Usage - Splunk Documentation 

Solved: Example of how to measure server CPU usage? - Splunk Community

*** If the above solution helps, an upvote is appreciated. ***

0 Karma

tej57
Communicator

Hello @NickNguyen ,

On the Enterprise instance itself, you can find the Monitoring Console that ships OOTB with the Splunk Enterprise package. You can navigate to Settings > Monitoring Console > Resource Usage > CPU Usage: Instance dashboard and that'll help you identify the CPU usage of the instance.

From the panel also, you can open the search by clicking the magnifying lens icon when you hover through the panel and set an alert as per the required threshold. 

Thanks,
Tejas.

---
If the above solution helps, an upvote is appreciated.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Stay Connected: Your Guide to May Tech Talks, Office Hours, and Webinars!

Take a look below to explore our upcoming Community Office Hours, Tech Talks, and Webinars this month. This ...

They're back! Join the SplunkTrust and MVP at .conf24

With our highly anticipated annual conference, .conf, comes the fez-wearers you can trust! The SplunkTrust, as ...

Enterprise Security Content Update (ESCU) | New Releases

Last month, the Splunk Threat Research Team had two releases of new security content via the Enterprise ...