Getting Data In

Monitor local CPU performance

NickNguyen
Engager

Hi everyone, i have an Enterprise instance installed on a Windows machine. I am trying to monitor the CPU performance of the machine on which the instance is on so that i can generate an alert whenever the CPU exceeds 90% performance. Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!

Labels (2)
0 Karma

kiran_panchavat
Contributor

@NickNguyen Refer the below document. 

Resource Usage: CPU Usage - Splunk Documentation 

Solved: Example of how to measure server CPU usage? - Splunk Community

*** If the above solution helps, an upvote is appreciated. ***

0 Karma

tej57
Communicator

Hello @NickNguyen ,

On the Enterprise instance itself, you can find the Monitoring Console that ships OOTB with the Splunk Enterprise package. You can navigate to Settings > Monitoring Console > Resource Usage > CPU Usage: Instance dashboard and that'll help you identify the CPU usage of the instance.

From the panel also, you can open the search by clicking the magnifying lens icon when you hover through the panel and set an alert as per the required threshold. 

Thanks,
Tejas.

---
If the above solution helps, an upvote is appreciated.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Get the T-shirt to Prove You Survived Splunk University Bootcamp

As if Splunk University, in Las Vegas, in-person, with three days of bootcamps and labs weren’t enough, now ...

Wondering How to Build Resiliency in the Cloud?

IT leaders are choosing Splunk Cloud as an ideal cloud transformation platform to drive business resilience,  ...