Getting Data In

Migrating my current indexer cluster to a multisite cluster, if I add two new indexers, will old data be replicated?

lukasz92
Communicator

Hi,

I have cluster with two indexers (A,B), and a lot of indexed data.
I want to add two new indexers (C,D), and decided to do a multisite clustering: site1- A,B ; site2 - C,D.

I want to set replication and search factors to 3: origin 2, all 1 and wonder if old indexed data (on A and B) would be replicated to site2?

0 Karma

dxu_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

No they won't be. They'll behave like single-site buckets - and only replicate within the site that they were created (A,B), and follow the old single-site replication_factor search_factor policies. (Your new buckets will follow the new multi-site configuration). See http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.4.1/Indexer/Migratetomultisite#How_the_cluster_migrate...

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...