Getting Data In

JRE for JBoss/JMX Add-Ons

nwenzl_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee
Hello, two quick questions regarding the Splunk Add-on for JBoss and the Splunk Add-on for JMX:

• The documentation says that both TA's require Oracle JDK or openJDK. Given the documentation, I'm assuming that there is no possibility to run the TA's with another JDK distribution such as JDK variants of Azul (Zulu Prime aka Zing or Zulu) - could someone here confirm this?

• If it's indeed not possible, is it sufficient to only have the openJDK on the Heavy Forwarder? I would assume yes since the doc says: "Install Java Runtime 1.7 or later on the same machine as the Splunk Add-on for JBoss. Note: You need to use the OpenJDK Java Runtime or Oracle Java Runtime."
Labels (1)
0 Karma

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

1. Generally, the JREs should be interchangeable (unless you're using some extensions specific to given JRE and not really being part of the JRE standard). So while technically possibly the Azul JDK might work as well, probably nobody tested the add-on with it and it's not on the recommended list so if something breaks, you're on your own.

2. I'm not familiar with this particular add-on but you typically only need JRE on the component where you run your modular inputs. Just as with DBConnect, I'd expect it to be just the HF.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Combine Multiline Logs into a Single Event with SOCK - a Guide for Advanced Users

This article is the continuation of the “Combine multiline logs into a single event with SOCK - a step-by-step ...

Everything Community at .conf24!

You may have seen mention of the .conf Community Zone 'round these parts and found yourself wondering what ...

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...