Getting Data In

How to get timechart for top responsetime URL

ravir_jbp
Explorer

I am able to get the list of URL with top response time using below query.

index=xyz earliest=-1hr latest=now | rex field=_raw "^(?\d*\.\d*\.\d*\.\d*)\s\[\w.*\]\s(?\d*)\s\"(?\w*)\s(?\S*)\sHTTP\/1.1\"\s(?\d*)\s(?\d*)\"(?\S*)\"\"\w.*\"\s\S*(?web*\d*)\s\S*" | search sourceLBIP="*" responsetime="*" getorpost="*" uri="*" statuscode="*" responsesize="*" refereralURL="*" node="*" | eval responsetime1=responsetime/1000000 | stats count by responsetime1,node, responsesize, uri, _time, statuscode | sort -responsetime1 | head 1 

I am trying to modify this query for more detailed information. I am able to get the top 1 URL which has highest response time. But I need the timechart partner to understand the responsetime trend for that speicifc URL for last 1 hour. Also, like to modify the script in a such a way where it sould provide me the timechart trend of any URL (top responsetime) for 1 hour. URL may not be same every time since it may change.

Labels (1)
0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If I have understood your requirement correctly, you could try something like this

index=xyz earliest=-1hr latest=now | rex field=_raw "^(?\d*\.\d*\.\d*\.\d*)\s\[\w.*\]\s(?\d*)\s\"(?\w*)\s(?\S*)\sHTTP\/1.1\"\s(?\d*)\s(?\d*)\"(?\S*)\"\"\w.*\"\s\S*(?web*\d*)\s\S*" | search sourceLBIP="*" responsetime="*" getorpost="*" uri="*" statuscode="*" responsesize="*" refereralURL="*" node="*" | eval responsetime1=responsetime/1000000 
| eventstats max(responsetime) as max_responsetime
| eventstats first(eval(if(responsetime == max_responsetime, uri, null()))) as longest_uri
| where uri=longest_uri
| chart values(responsetime) by _time longest_uri

0 Karma

ravir_jbp
Explorer

@ITWhisperer  IT worked !!! thank you so much 

0 Karma

ravir_jbp
Explorer

@ITWhisperer , thank you for sharing the query. Seems "| where url=longest_url" condition is not recognizing. I was looking for timechart which can provide me the response time trend for any top response time consuming. 

For example, if http://xyz.com/report consuming highest response time. I need the trend for last 1 hour trend on the performance on that specific URL. 

Hope that helps

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Typo on my part (updated my response to use uri instead of url)

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Enter the Dashboard Challenge and Watch the .conf24 Global Broadcast!

The Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge is still happening, and it's not too late to enter for the week of ...

Join Us at the Builder Bar at .conf24 – Empowering Innovation and Collaboration

What is the Builder Bar? The Builder Bar is more than just a place; it's a hub of creativity, collaboration, ...

Combine Multiline Logs into a Single Event with SOCK - a Guide for Advanced Users

This article is the continuation of the “Combine multiline logs into a single event with SOCK - a step-by-step ...