Getting Data In

How to fix this slave indexed data/sourcetype without a corresponding license pool

klim
Path Finder

I created a search head and an indexer and the search head is acting as the master license server. I added the tutorial data to the search head https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/8.2.1/SearchTutorial/GetthetutorialdataintoSplunk 

The indexer is associated with the master license server. On the search head I am getting the license error of 1 orphaned indexer reported by 1 indexer and the message is "this slave indexed data/sourcetype(s) without a corresponding license pool" and the indexer is the master license server and category is orphan_slave. 

I read in other answers related to this that the sourcetypes need to be in a license pool. I added the two host of the search head and indexer to the license pool via the specific indexers option however I am still getting the same error. Will this error go away or am I still in violation?

Labels (3)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer Certification at ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...