Getting Data In

How do you configure remote KV store on Universal Forwarder?

envancleve
Engager

I have an application which uses the KV store to store the application's state. When installing it on a universal forwarder, I get errors saying "HTTP 503 Service Unavailable -- KV Store status is unknown"

I understand that there is no support for local KV stores on universal forwarders. However, is there any mechanism available which allows us to force queries to a remote KV store?

I tried editing the server.conf file with the following, but it didn't appear to have any effect:

[kvstore]
replication_host =

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

There's no way to do that. The performance of the kvstore comes from it being a local, in-memory data store. Reaching across the network to another server would kill the performance.

If you really need a kvstore, use a heavy forwarder instead of a universal forwarder.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...