Getting Data In

Different timezone

Mai_splunk
Explorer

Hi all!

I have a problem with the time my logs arrive. There is an hour difference. how can I solve that? If I have data from different clients with different timezone on the same server, how can I align them?

Mai_splunk_0-1612184327327.png

Thanks a lot!

Labels (2)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Put the appropriate time zone name on each server.  Splunk knows its own time zone and will make the necessary conversions.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Ideally, each event's timestamp includes a time zone indication, but it appears your event timestamps do not.

The next best option is for the UFs on each server to have a TZ setting in the local props.conf file.  This time zone value is forwarded to the indexer so it can convert the timestamps properly.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

Mai_splunk
Explorer

Thanks for your quickly response @richgalloway 

Imagine that a client has UTM+2 and other with UTM+3. I configure their UF with that timezone, but my indexer has summer time and winter time UTM+1 and UTM+2 How can I manage this?
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...