Getting Data In

Custom javascript being overwritten by default Splunk default view (common.js)

sirajnp
Path Finder

I'm creating a new dashboard with custom layout/style in Splunk enterprise security app. I'm experiencing an issue while adding my custom.js script to dashboard. I have placed the custom.js file in splunkenterprisesecurity/appserver/static/custom.js. When I debug the script I can view that the script being loaded successfully and the layout & style being applied based on the condition. However when it exit from the inner function(function (newValue)) and go back to main function (common.js), Splunk removes all the custom styles applied by inner function based on the condition. Below is the code.

Any help is highly appreciated, not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Please note that the id #demo is correctly defined in the html class for the panel. As I said I can see it being applied in the debug mode.

custom.js

require([

"splunkjs/mvc",
"splunkjs/mvc/simplexml/ready!",

], function (mvc)
{
console.log("inside");
var defaultTokenModel = mvc.Components.get("default");
defaultTokenModel.on("change:csi", function (newValue)
{
var csi = defaultTokenModel.get("csi");
if ((csi>=0) && (csi<=2.5))
{
$('#demo').removeClass('pan_yellow');
$('#demo').removeClass('pan_green');
$('#demo').addClass('pan_red');
}
else if ((csi>2.5) && (csi<=4))
{
$('#demo').removeClass('pan_red');
$('#demo').removeClass('pan_green');
$('#demo').addClass('pan_yellow');
}
else if ((csi>4) && (csi<=5))
{
$('#demo').removeClass('pan_yellow');
$('#demo').removeClass('pan_red');
$('#demo').addClass('pan_green');
}
});
});

css file.

.pan_red
{
background: #FE2B57 !important;
}

.pan_yellow
{
background: #FBAA49 !important;
}
.pan_green
{
background: #00ea77 !important;
}

0 Karma

sirajnp
Path Finder

Any inputs?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer at Splunk .conf24 ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...