Getting Data In

Can UF still forward data if license expire?

Naveen99
Engager

Hello could you please help me to have better understanding of UF.

1. Can we still use Splunk UF even after the end date (license )  i.e Splunk agent still forward the data to QRadar?
Labels (1)
0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @Naveen99,

Are you speaking of Universal or Heavy Forwarder?

Splunk Universal Forwarder hasn't a license so it should coultinue to work.

Splunk Heavy Forwarder, has a license that, after two months becames a Free license, that can be used only in stand-alone installations.

Only for my knowledge: are you using Splunk Universal Forwarder to send logs to Q-Radar? Why?

Ciao.

Giuseppe

Naveen99
Engager

Hi Gcusello,

Thanks for the Heads up. Coming to your question why we are using UF to forward data to QRadar.

We recently migrated from splunk to Qradar. so we  use wincollect to forward data into Qradar but we recently know that our license experied, to deploy all wincollects in servers it will take time so want to know whether Uf will still forward the data or not.

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @Naveen99,

you have done the reverse path to what you usually do!

Anyway, I hope to answered to your question, if yes, please accept my aswer for ther other people of Community, otherwise, please tell me.

Ciao and happy splunking.

Giuseppe

P.S.: karma Points are appreciated 😉

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...