Getting Data In

CPU Performance Monitoring in Splunk Cloud

jamie1
Communicator

Hi There,

I use a Splunk Cloud instance with Universal Forwarders installed on each server. From here I have edited the inputs.conf file to enable the [perfmon://CPU] stanza.

I am wondering if there are any out-of-the-box dashboards or recommended searches for putting this monitoring to use.

All information I have been able to find online is in regards to an EOL add-on (Splunk App for Infrastructure) or Splunk On-Premise instances (This is a problem I have faced since beginning work on Splunk, huge lack of documentation for Splunk Cloud vs On-Prem)

Thank you for any help in advance,

Jamie

Labels (3)
0 Karma

VatsalJagani
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@jamie1 - Here is generic guidance that will boost your Splunk journey.

• For Data collection, you should look for Add-ons on Splunkbase.
  • For dashboards, you should look for Apps on Splunkbase.
  • Generally, these Apps and add-ons work the same on On-prem vs Cloud.
    • (And that's why you don't see much difference in documentation, as there isn't much difference)

Regarding this dashboards, this is something you can try - https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/CPWindowsDash/latest/CP/About

But if this is just regarding CPU performance, you can also try create your own based on your requirement.

I hope this helps!!! Kindly upvote if it does!!!

0 Karma

jamie1
Communicator

Hi There,

I appreciate the generic guidance, but it isn't really relevant to my question.

I am trying to find out how I can display CPU performance metrics, via the perfmon stanza.

Sorry if my question wasn't clear,

Jamie

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...

Get ready to show some Splunk Certification swagger at .conf24!

Dive into the deep end of data by earning a Splunk Certification at .conf24. We're enticing you again this ...

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Now On-Demand Join us to learn more about how you can leverage Service Level Objectives (SLOs) and the new ...