Deployment Architecture

Unable to send phonehome message to deployment server. BUT It is connected!??

trademarq
Explorer

Im having an issue with a remote forwarder I have set up where it is seemingly not getting connected to my deployment server.

08-31-2011 13:57:16.932 WARN DeploymentClient - Unable to send phonehome message to deployment server. Error status is: not_connected

08-31-2011 13:58:16.932 WARN DeploymentClient - Unable to send phonehome message to deployment server. Error status is: not_connected

08-31-2011 23:00:46.968 WARN DeploymentClient - Unable to send phonehome message to deployment server. Error status is: not_connected

That part that is throwing me off is when I go to the deployment-server and run bin/splunk list deploy-clients, The Forwarder in question shows up every time, maintaining its phone home timestamps and everything, so it appears that it is making connections just fine.

Where else can I look to find out what the issue is?

Thanks in advance!

khourihan_splun
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Can you send the output of a netstat -tl command on the deployment server?

Also, make sure iptables/fw is not blocking port 8089 or whatever the splunkd process is listening on.

pmagee
Explorer

I am also having this issue, with Splunk 4.2.5. Has anyone had any luck figuring this out? I can't get any of my deployment apps to deploy...

0 Karma

rroberts
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Im having the same issue.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...