Deployment Architecture

How to fix Splunk search head pool "Error in dispatch process. Failed to create directory /data/var/run/dispatch/xyz"?

pdash
Path Finder

Error in search head pooling validate-quiet: Failed to create test file: /data/etc/users/testpath: Disk quota exceeded
There was an error validating your search head pooling configuration. For more information, run 'splunk pooling validate'
Error fixing dangling data: Failed to lock /data/etc/apps/sentinel.txt with code -1, possible reason: No such file or directory
There was an error preparing your conf files for search head pooling. For more information, run 'splunk btool find-dangling'.

This is the error am getting when i restart my search head and it doesnt allow me to to search once it started "Error in dispatch process. Failed to create directory /data/var/run/dispatch/xyz"

0 Karma

jmheaton
Path Finder

Assuming your using pooling, then i would verify that all of your servers in the pool are running with the correct permissions. This had happened to us a couple months ago when we spun up a new search head and it was running as a user that didn't have permissions to read and write all the files in the pool.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Database Performance Sidebar Panel Now on APM Database Query Performance & Service ...

We’ve streamlined the troubleshooting experience for database-related service issues by adding a database ...

IM Landing Page Filter - Now Available

We’ve added the capability for you to filter across the summary details on the main Infrastructure Monitoring ...

Dynamic Links from Alerts to IM Navigators - New in Observability Cloud

Splunk continues to improve the troubleshooting experience in Observability Cloud with this latest enhancement ...