Deployment Architecture

Can I integrate my ServiceNow instance with my Splunk dev environment?

abi2023
Path Finder

I have ServiceNow developer instance. Can I integrate with my Splunk dev environment.   
The Splunk Add on I am try in use is https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/1928

Labels (1)
0 Karma

victor_menezes
Path Finder

I have this integration working on my environment and it works like a charm! Just keep in mind that the user you configure in the add-on to be used in this integration must have access to ServiceNow to read/write the proper tables that you want to interface (events, incidents, etc).

In my case, our API users that are given by ServiceNow don't have access to the UI for security purposes, so I wasn't able to make the configuration via Add-On UI as it returns HTTP 400 status, but if you do the configuration via conf file it goes just fine. Today I use this add-on to ingest data from ServiceNow to Splunk (incidents, requests, changes, cmdb) and also to create incidents on ServiceNow from Splunk alerts via alert action.

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

if those are fulfilling the requirements and you could do a needed modifications to both environments (see installation instructions), then you can do. Otherwise probably not, or at least it’s not fully functional integration.

r. Ismo

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...