Dashboards & Visualizations

Parameter 'name' issue when creating Scheduled PDF Delivery

landzaat
Explorer

When trying to schedule a PDF delivery for a dashboard, the error message Parameter "name" must be 100 characters or less is displayed. The dashboard runs fine, export PDF has no issues. Where do I find this "name" parameter?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

splunkreal
Motivator

Great 🙂 Hopefully this is solved then.

* If this helps, please upvote or accept solution 🙂 *
0 Karma

splunkreal
Motivator

Hello @landzaat could you provide screenshot of whole screen showing this error? Thanks.

For your information schedule PDF delivery may create ScheduledView like this and maybe there is limit in name size :

splunkreal_0-1702649759573.png

0 Karma

landzaat
Explorer

Sure, this is the screenshot:

Parameter-error.png

A hint from a colleague put me on track to look into the dashboard's source. It seemed that in a line where an option was set, a hidden character has crept in. I deleted the line, re-entered the text and this solved te problem.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer Certification at ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...