Dashboards & Visualizations

KV_MODE = xml with prefixed XML data

Simon
Contributor

Hi All,

I recently recognized KV_MODE = xml is only working when the event is plain XML.
Unfortunately, the XML data in my events is prefixed with a timestamp and some other information, e.g.:

[2013-03-08 08:16:53,184] INFO  technical.http.XMLLogger createLogEntry - IN  <-- foo  bar  DataRequest      /10.104.180.7:59117  <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?><stuff><goes><here /></goes></stuff></xml>

When I manually enforce XML field extraction with the search command xmlkv, it seems to work fine as well.

Any idea how I can envforce XML field extraction in props.conf even if my events aren't plain xml?

Thanks,

Simon

Tags (2)
0 Karma

rdownie
Communicator

You want to use the SEDCMD in your props.conf to remove every thing up where the actual XML starts. In doing so, you do lose the data before the XML.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Modern way of developing distributed application using OTel

Recently, I had the opportunity to work on a complex microservice using Spring boot and Quarkus to develop a ...

Enterprise Security Content Update (ESCU) | New Releases

Last month, the Splunk Threat Research Team had 3 releases of new security content via the Enterprise Security ...

Archived Metrics Now Available for APAC and EMEA realms

We’re excited to announce the launch of Archived Metrics in Splunk Infrastructure Monitoring for our customers ...