Dashboards & Visualizations

How to set the default time in timepicker based on a previous timepicker

coleman07
Path Finder

I have a chart which has a time picker to look at the the volume of data indexed on all our master license servers. When you click on one of the hosts, a new panel appears with a chart and table based on the previous panel. I want to provide a timepicker for that panel and set the defaults to the time selected in the previous panel.

<input type="time" token="all_master_time" searchWhenChanged="true">
        <label></label>
        <default>
          <earliest>-7d@h</earliest>
          <latest>now</latest>
        </default>
      </input>

<panel ... >
  <input type="time" token="slavetime" searchWhenChanged="true">
        <label></label>
        <default>
          <earliest>$all_master_time.earliest$</earliest>
          <latest>$all_master_time.latest$</latest>
        </default>
      </input>

Is this possible?

rjthibod
Champion

If this is all in the same dashboard, then this will not work as you want because the value for <default> is only evaluated when the dashboard first loads.

Instead, you should set the value of slavetime to all_master_time when the drilldown occurs from the top-level panel.

<drilldown>
  <condition field="*">
    <set token="form.slavetime.earliest">$all_master_time.earliest$</set>
    <set token="form.slavetime.latest">$all_master_time.latest$</set>
  </condition>
</drilldown>
0 Karma

sriley_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Do you have any guidance on if you want to pass the time picker results from one dashboard to a new dashboard?

0 Karma

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Did you solve this?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...