Dashboards & Visualizations

How to populate percentage on bar chart

Akmal57
Path Finder

Hi all,

I'm monitoring compliance data for the past 7 days using timechart. My current query displays the count of "comply" and "not comply" events for each day.

index= indexA | timechart span=1d count by audit

Akmal57_0-1712546001897.png

However, I'd like to visualize this data as percentages instead. Is it possible to modify the search to display the percentage of compliant and non-compliant events on top of each bar?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Labels (2)
0 Karma

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If you add the following after your timechart command it will change the values from numbers to percentages

| addtotals fieldname=_Total
| foreach * [ eval <<FIELD>>=round(('<<FIELD>>'/_Total*100),2) ]

Note that the _ in front of the total field name prevents it from being displayed, then the foreach command just calculates the percentages.

Akmal57
Path Finder

Hi @bowesmana,

index="index A" 

| table _time, Audit

| addtotals fieldname=Total

| foreach * [eval Audit=round (('Audit'/Total*100),2)]

above is my query that i have created based on your idea, but seems not working. Below screenshot is the result for above query.

Akmal57_0-1713144964612.png

the values not showing in percentage.

0 Karma

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You have not done what I suggested, you have changed the SPL to something that will not work.

Please use the exact code I provided after your timechart command

0 Karma

KendallW
Path Finder

Hi @Akmal57, try changing the format of the visualization to stacked

KendallW_0-1712550803472.png

0 Karma

Akmal57
Path Finder

Hi @KendallW,

it's not working, it just staking the value of the bar chart.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...