Dashboards & Visualizations

How to fetch the start and the End Time from row logs

aditsss
Motivator

Hi Team,

How can I fetch the start and end time from below logs:

2023-08-30 00:29:00.018 [INFO ] [pool-3-thread-1] ReadControlFileImpl - Reading Control-File /absin/CARS.HIERCTR.D082923.T002302

2023-08-30 07:43:29.020 [INFO ] [Thread-18] FileEventCreator - Completed Settlement file processing, TRIM.UNB.D082923.T045920 records processed: 13283520

I want this start time and end time

can someone help me with query

my current query:

index="abc"sourcetype ="600000304_gg_abs_ipc2" source="/amex/app/gfp-settlement-raw/logs/gfp-settlement-raw.log"
"Reading Control-File /absin/CARS.HIERCTR."

Labels (3)
0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

I’m expecting that those are two different events and with your sample query you get only the 1st event not both? If this is true, you must first implement a SPL query which result contains both events. Then there must be something common on those events to connect those together. On your example events I can’t see anything like that! Probably you must find some other logs which you could use to combine all events on one transaction together?

Only common factor between those event are D082923, but it seems to be part of file name or something? I assume that it’s using as this on many transactions and cannot use as identity only on transaction?

r. Ismo

0 Karma

GaetanVP
Contributor

Hello @aditsss,

If you are receiving those two lines in the same event you could try to use something like this :

index="abc"sourcetype ="600000304_gg_abs_ipc2" source="/amex/app/gfp-settlement-raw/logs/gfp-settlement-raw.log"
| rex "(?<starttime>.*?)\s\[.*\s\].*[\r\n]+(?<endtime>.*?)\s\[.*\s\].*"

This gave me the following results :

GaetanVP_0-1693495483320.png

Hope it helps !
GaetanVP

0 Karma

aditsss
Motivator

@GaetanVP 

I tried below query not getting any result

index="abcsourcetype ="600000304_gg_abs_ipc2" source="/amex/app/gfp-settlement-raw/logs/gfp-settlement-raw.log"
| rex "(?<starttime>.*?)\s\[.*\s\].*[\r\n]+(?<endtime>.*?)\s\[.*\s\].*"| table starttime endtime

also for end process logs are these:

2023-08-30 04:09:30.458 [INFO ] [Thread-40] FileEventCreator - Completed Settlement file processing, CARS.HIER.D082923.T002302 records processed: 161076

@GaetanVP please guide

0 Karma

aditsss
Motivator

@GaetanVP could you please guide.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Get the T-shirt to Prove You Survived Splunk University Bootcamp

As if Splunk University, in Las Vegas, in-person, with three days of bootcamps and labs weren’t enough, now ...

Wondering How to Build Resiliency in the Cloud?

IT leaders are choosing Splunk Cloud as an ideal cloud transformation platform to drive business resilience,  ...