Dashboards & Visualizations

How to embedded Splunk Iframes?

rmx9898
Observer

Hello, 

I have been trying to present Splunk dashboards through frames to my website, and it's not working as you can see in the picture below, I have seen other people with the same question but no solution was suggested that worked for me, if I tried to present the reports, they work fine, but the dashboards don't seem to work.

This is my code: 

<iframe
                src="https://MY_SPLUNK_SERVER/en-US/app/MY_APP_NAME/DASHBOARD_NAME?embed=true"
                width="100%"
                height="550px"
                frameborder="0"
                scrolling="no"
              ></iframe>

Clearing the cookies & restarting the browsers didn't work, neither did trying  a different browser.

Does anyone know how to solve this? or if it's not even possible?

splunk.png

Labels (1)
0 Karma

davidoff96
Path Finder

I tried to do this, as did another person I spoke to privately on here, and we have determined it is not possible: 

https://community.splunk.com/t5/Dashboards-Visualizations/400-Error-while-rendering-splunk-into-an-i...

Essentially the cookies are "3rd party cookies" as they are not from your site. I believe there is actually a setting in your browser you can change to allow these. 

davidoff96_0-1679404258758.png

This worked for me a while ago. I am not sure if it works currently as I do not have Splunk in an iframe anymore.  When I told my manager this, they immediately dropped the ask and stopped the idea of the iframe.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer Certification at ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...