Dashboards & Visualizations

Dynamic Drilldown view based on selected cell's column header value and corresponding row value(first column)

NathanAsh
Path Finder

Hi,

I wish to pass the values of $click.value$ and corresponding cell's header (dynamically generated in splunk query) values to the search query in creating the drilldown view of dashboard. Please let me know how to achieve that.

for example if the user clicks on the cell containing 100.00 value, I need to pass the channel name adp and header value of 304 to the search query 

adp can be achieved through $click.value$ , don't know for 304 (and its corresponding search field name) 

sp.JPG

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

$click.name2$ gives you the column (field) name where the user clicked.

$click.name$ $click.name2$

$click.value$ $click.value2$ (user clicked here)

View solution in original post

NathanAsh
Path Finder

Thanks for the help. One more clarification. Hope there is no and condition in the search operation. can I try like this

....query| search fieldname="$click.value$" | where fieldname2="$click.name2$"
0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You could do that, but whether that makes sense depends on your search, the fields available and your data, which I am not in a position to comment on.

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

$click.name2$ gives you the column (field) name where the user clicked.

$click.name$ $click.name2$

$click.value$ $click.value2$ (user clicked here)
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Get the T-shirt to Prove You Survived Splunk University Bootcamp

As if Splunk University, in Las Vegas, in-person, with three days of bootcamps and labs weren’t enough, now ...

Wondering How to Build Resiliency in the Cloud?

IT leaders are choosing Splunk Cloud as an ideal cloud transformation platform to drive business resilience,  ...