Dashboards & Visualizations

Colouring Piecharts created using JSChart

cmak
Contributor

I create a piechart that has these results in tabular form.

Type    count

1 Pass 0
2 Failed 14
3 Uncovered 0

It has 3 sections, Pass, Failed, Uncovered.
In the above example, Failed = 100% of the piechart.
I would like to colour it so that Pass is green, Failed is pink and Uncovered is Red

I have tried two different code

<module name="HiddenChartFormatter">
                                   <param name="chart">pie</param>
                                  <param name="charting.fieldColors">{"Pass":0x009933,"Failed":0xff6ff2,"Uncovered":0xe00707}</param>

This does not work with JSChart.

<param name="charting.seriesColors">[0x009933, 0xff6ff2, 0xe00707]</param>

Using seriesColors does not tie a colour to a value, so in the above piechart, Failed would be green as it is the only field that shows up in the piechart.

Am I doing something wrong with fieldColors?

Tags (1)

kikexclusive
Path Finder
0 Karma

rhapsody2046
Explorer

I currently meet the same problem coloring JSChart but it is not working.
Solution 1:
{"Available Storage":0x0099FF, "Used Storage(status:critical)":0xFF0000,"Used Storage(status:too high)":0xFFFF00, "Used Storage(status:normal)":0x00CC00}

Solution 2:
[0x0099FF,0xFF0000,0xFFFF00,0x00CC00]
["Available Storage", "Used Storage(status:critical)", "Used Storage(status:too high)", "Used Storage(status:normal)"]

They both do not work, not all the colors are mapped correctly.

I see several posts here but not really a final solution.
Does anyone know a solution.

Simon
Contributor

I had pretty much the same issue and ended up by configuring the legend labels manually in the HiddenChartFormatter:

<param name="charting.legend.labels">[Info, Low, Medium, High, Critical, Fatal]</param>
<param name="charting.seriesColors">[0x999999,0x5378AD,0x98BF3B,0xF0BE1B,0xFF8800,0xD25B3B]</param>

HTH.
Simon

0 Karma

0waste_splunk
Communicator

hey cmak,

did you solve this problem? if so can you please share your work around?

Thanks

0 Karma

cmak
Contributor

The field is created in the search. It is just when the value is ', the piechart does not show it, and it does not count as a field although it is present.

This is what the table looks like :

Type    count

1 Pass 0
2 Failed 0
3 Uncovered 1

The piechart just will show 100% uncovered

0 Karma

Simon
Contributor

How about creating the field anyway in your search, even if there's no content, e.g. with fillnull() ? --> http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/5.0.2/SearchReference/Fillnull

0 Karma

cmak
Contributor

The problem with my query is that Of the three fields I have (Pass, Failed, Uncovered), they may not all be present. When pass is not present, then failed label will receive the first color.

The legend.labels does not change this fact.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...

Get ready to show some Splunk Certification swagger at .conf24!

Dive into the deep end of data by earning a Splunk Certification at .conf24. We're enticing you again this ...

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Now On-Demand Join us to learn more about how you can leverage Service Level Objectives (SLOs) and the new ...