Dashboards & Visualizations

Color a row based on a column value

sweety1309
Explorer

Hey I have the query-

index="classroom-students" profile.emailAddress="something" earliest=0 latest=now
| join type=outer courseId
[search index="courses" courseState="ACTIVE" ]
| join type=outer courseId max=0
[search index="course-work" | rename id as courseWorkId ]
| join type=outer userId, courseId, courseWorkId
[search index="students-submission" | dedup userId, courseId, courseWorkId sortby -updateTime]
| rename profile.name.fullName as StudentName
| rename name as Classroom
| rename submissionHistory{}.gradeHistory.pointsEarned
as pointsEarned
| table StudentName, courseId, courseWorkId, userId, Classroom, descriptionHeading, title, workType, maxPoints, pointsEarned, state, late.

In late column,i get "true" in some rows.I want to color those rows where I am getting "true" in late column.Like if u look at the imagfe,I want to color the whole second row.

Any help would be highlt appreciated.Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

It has just occurred to me where the additional true is coming from. The fields which come alphabetically after late are the ones with the extra true. This means that the mvappend is taking the updated value of late i.e. two copies of true, for these subsequent fields. Try changing to this

| foreach * [| eval <<FIELD>>=mvappend('<<FIELD>>',mvindex(late,0))]

or

| foreach * [| eval <<FIELD>>=if("<<FIELD>>"=="late",late,mvappend('<<FIELD>>',late))]
0 Karma

sweety1309
Explorer

This solves my problem to a few extent as it removes true from the already filled column but doesnt remove it from the empty one.Please have a look at the image.

Thanks for ur reply @ITWhisperer 

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You could try putting the copy of late as the first entry in the mv fields then hiding index 0

| foreach * [| eval <<FIELD>>=if("<<FIELD>>"=="late",late,mvappend(late,'<<FIELD>>'))]
| eval late=mvappend(late,late)

<style>
#tableRowColor table tbody td div.multivalue-subcell[data-mv-index="0"]{
display: none !important;
}
</style>
0 Karma

sweety1309
Explorer

Still facing this issue @ITWhisperer 

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Can you share a screen capture of an inspection of the problematic fields?

0 Karma

sweety1309
Explorer

Sure.Here is the screenshot @ITWhisperer 

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

OK so the issue is that the fields only have one entry in so are not displayed as multivalue-subcells. To fix this, you could either add true twice and hide two rows, or use fillnull value="" before the foreach so at least there is an empty string (with this you can go back to adding the true after each field or leave it as adding it before)

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Detecting Remote Code Executions With the Splunk Threat Research Team

WATCH NOWRemote code execution (RCE) vulnerabilities pose a significant risk to organizations. If exploited, ...

Enter the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge for Your Chance to Win!

The Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge is underway! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

.conf24 | Session Scheduler is Live!!

.conf24 is happening June 11 - 14 in Las Vegas, and we are thrilled to announce that the conference catalog ...