All Apps and Add-ons

Why can't we login in to index search peer?

krishnab
Path Finder

Hi,

I created 2 indexers connected to masternode on a AWS ec2 instance.

Initially when setting up the configuration i was able to login to my peers GUI,but once i stop and start my instance on which peers are running.Im no longer able to access the peers GUI via 8000(which is open to all).

I checked my web.conf it is set to 1.
Splunk service is running.
Splunk Web is also running.

Im able to login to my master node but not my peers..

I dont know what to do now,kindly help me in logging to the GUI.

The OS of instance(Peer) is RH Linux 7

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

In AWS, at least in the free/cheap tier, whenever you stop/restart a server, it is assigned a different DNS name. So the splunk config files should use the internal 10.* IP addresses, which DO NOT change, but the public DNS names that allow you to connect from the outside change every time you restart any server.

0 Karma

krishnab
Path Finder

Ok..so how do i correct it so that in future it does not happen again

0 Karma

krishnab
Path Finder

Also if that is the case,i shouldnt be able to login to search heads and my master node GUI ryt?

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

If you reboot the box (at least in the free tier), it will be assigned a different DNS name.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...