All Apps and Add-ons

Username field not parsed

hendriks
Path Finder

Hi,

I am looking at the Palo Alto add-on from https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/2757/ and specifically to logs with sourcetype pan:userid

All the logs get the username unknown, when digging into this  I see this in the prop.conf

[pan:userid]
SHOULD_LINEMERGE = false
TIME_PREFIX = ^(?:[^,]*,){6}
MAX_TIMESTAMP_LOOKAHEAD = 32
REPORT-search = extract_userid
FIELDALIAS-virtual_system = vsys as virtual_system
FIELDALIAS-src_for_pan_correlation = src_ip as src
FIELDALIAS-dest_ip_for_pan_correlation = src_ip as dest_ip
FIELDALIAS-client_ip = src_ip as client_ip
FIELDALIAS-dest_for_pan_correlation = src_ip as dest
FIELDALIAS-dvc_for_pan_correlation = host as dvc
EVAL-user = coalesce(src_user,"unknown")

and in the transforms i find :
[pan_userid]
DEST_KEY = MetaData:Sourcetype
REGEX = ^[^,]+,[^,]+,[^,]+,USERID,
FORMAT = sourcetype::pan:userid

[extract_userid]
DELIMS = ","
FIELDS = "future_use1","receive_time","serial_number","type","log_subtype","version","generated_time","vsys","src_ip","source_name","event_id","repeat_count","timeout_threshold","src_port","dest_port","source","source_type","sequence_number","action_flags","devicegroup_level1","devicegroup_level2","devicegroup_level3","devicegroup_level4","vsys_name","dvc_name","vsys_id","factor_type","factor_completion_time","factor_number"

One thing I notice is that there is no src_user in the fields list in the [extract_userid] so I probably miss something here but my conclusion is that the field will never be filled. 

So does anyone have an idea how to get user field filled with username?

Just for reference a log, that should fit here, and it does partially. 

<14>1 2020-12-07T15:14:29+01:00 Servername-XX - - - - 1,2020/12/07 15:14:29,000101011111,USERID,logout,223,2020/12/07 15:14:29,vsys,10.10.10.11,client\usr.name,client-loc-id,0,1,0,0,0,agent,,1111111111111111114,0x0,0,0,0,0,,Servername-XX,0,,2020/12/07 15:14:29,1,0x0,client\user.name  
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

hendriks
Path Finder

Thanks to the slack community i found this is a bug.  And there is a ticket that has been reased but no fix yet. https://github.com/PaloAltoNetworks/Splunk-Apps/issues/101

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Detecting Remote Code Executions With the Splunk Threat Research Team

WATCH NOWRemote code execution (RCE) vulnerabilities pose a significant risk to organizations. If exploited, ...

Enter the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge for Your Chance to Win!

The Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge is underway! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

.conf24 | Session Scheduler is Live!!

.conf24 is happening June 11 - 14 in Las Vegas, and we are thrilled to announce that the conference catalog ...